Database, or Classified Software Help!?

bustintrail

I run an online advertising business where I advertise horses for my clients. My website is currently : www.dreamhorse.us

I have had my clients fill out a form online and then I manually add the information into a general sale page on my website and then create an individual page for each horse. This has become a very time consuming process and I would like to figure out a way to make it more automatic.

What I need is for the seller to submit a form, which would add the horse to my sale page, as well as create an individual horse detail page automatically. I have looked at some classified web software, but I do not want my client’s personal information to appear publicly, and I want people interested to contact me directly, rather than having access to my clients.

I also need to have a better search option for the people who are browsing through the horses for sale. Currently they see all the trained horses on the page, whether or not they are in the same state, and I would like to offer an easier way for them to customize their own results.

Any suggestions, of software, or programming, or even a referral of someone I could hire to design this would be very much appreciated!

Thanks!!

sysgenmedia

A few thoughts:

First, I'd be hesitant to allow people to enter information into a form and have it automatically post to your website. This being the internet, you're very likely to have a whole lot of a) spam and b) text and images you realllly don't want on displayed on your website, at least if this isn't moderated.

That said, this may well be cost-prohibitive for you. If you want a moderated system where you would need to at least approve a listing before it goes up (which you should), you'll need to have some sort of admin area to manage this. Which gets into creating a login / permissions system, the moderation system itself, etc.

We do a lot of custom integration work however, so if you've found some classifieds software we may be able to modify it slightly so that it does what you need.

I'll shoot you an email off list as an introduction and we can see where we go from there. :)