Customer-editable sites

zixserro

I'm somewhat new to web design, having just freshly relearned HTML years after taking any web design courses, and then finally learning CSS, and actually getting it pretty well. Still trying to wrap my head around JavaScript.

Just figured I'd let you guys know where I'm at experience-wise; I'm pretty newb-ish, but I can figure stuff out pretty easily.

My question is this: I've been asked by a few people who know about my ability to create websites to make sites for them. The problem is that they want to be able to upload their own files to their sites on their own, without needing to come to me to edit their pages. Is there a way to set this up somehow? Some kind of drop box folder on their desktop or something where they can put files into categorized folders, which will then upload the files to their websites in the proper place, or something like that?

It almost sounds simple enough to have to be a thing that exists, but I have no idea how to do it, and I have no idea what I'd be looking for as far as Google searching goes; I've tried a bunch of different searches, and none of them have given me anything good.