Custom Fonts on Web pages

o0JoeCool0o

Hey everyone I am new to the forum, we just released NiRF (Native image Rendered Fonts) a way to use custom fonts on web pages for headers and such. Id love for some ppl who are interested to check it out and let me know what you think. We created this because the only other solution I found out three was siFR (which i found difficult to use and bulky and yuk) and some free php scripts that worked ok but not great. above all everything seemed to be hard to use or not quite working how i wanted it. Our goal was to create something super easy to implement somethign that just read the CSS file to style our headers. and we came up with NiRF.

We have made it extremely easy all you have to do is include a single js file in your page and then you create a class for your header set size color etc, and then you make that class a trigger class and any time it is used it will be replaced with an image. By default it replaces the background image and uses text-indent -6000px to keep everything SEO compliant, but you can also set it to replace the INNER HTML of the header or element with an actual image, this is also SEO compliant but just works better in different situations.

This service is absolutely free and open source. We are uploading the .NET open source server tonight and the php open source server this week.

Any way check it out and let me know what you think!

http://getnirf.com

constructive criticism please! I have feelings too u know ;)