Cubender - A new web builder ideal for web designers

lucidlive

Hello designers,

We launched our new company "Cubender" (www.cubender.com). It's a software developed for web designers to build complete websites without typing a piece of code or css. I'm curious to get any feedback that you may have.

Also, we have many clients asking for web design help in building their Cubender sites. So I encourage you to post your services on our forum.

Cheers,

Andrew.

d a v e

well i hope it wasn't used to build the site you linked to cos it has awful code :(

e.g.
<P style="text-align:left"><SPAN style="font-family:Lucida Grande,sans-serif; font-size:24px; color:#000000; ">Powerful Form Builder</SPAN><BR /></P><P style="text-align:left"><SPAN style="font-family:Lucida Grande,sans-serif; font-size:4px; color:#000000; "></SPAN><BR /></P><P style="text-align:left"><SPAN style="font-family:Lucida Grande,sans-serif; font-size:14px; color:#989FA5; ">Drag and drop your way to a customized contact form. It&apos;s really that easy. </SPAN><BR /></P></DIV></DIV><DIV id="5144" style="float:block; position:absolute; left:45px; top:1285px; z-index:23; width:285px; height:117px;">

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
developed for web designers to build complete websites without typing a piece of code or css

sure thats what web developers want. clients maybe. but personally I actually like to code and do not like a program doing it for me.
also if it does output like that snippet above, then it is definitely not for "web designers"

lucidlive

Hi guys,

Much appreciated for taking a look. We definitely used our own software to create the site. The code you're seeing is generated - it's not meant to be human-readable or modified outside of the editor. In the code you highlighted, there are a few empty <SPAN>'s and <P>'s that could be removed (this was probably the result the WYSIWYG not clearing out some formatting after deleting some text).

Phreaddee - I know there is a segment of designers that prefer to code their own HTML... and for them, no builder would really suffice. So this is really not the tool for that. The entire interface is drag and drop and more of a design platform that anything else.

Did either of you guys happen to give the software a shot?

Thanks for the input.

Andrew.

ronaldroe

Super Moderator
Staff member
The reality is that serious designers are never going to like software like this. It's nothing personal, but we don't appreciate the field being muddied with yet another way for non-coders to create badly coded websites.

mackonline

Maybe for proffesional designers it looks like a bad joke, but fo me for example it can be very helpful. But first, I'll decide what kind of a website I want to built!
:)

Pheno

I dont think a package like this is aimed at web designers. In my experience as a web designer, you will always be asked to do things on top of "basic" functionality - that's kinda the point of our existence these days in a world full of cheap DIY website builders.