css positioning PLEASE HELP!

BradT81

Hello

I am trying to code a header for a website. I have 3 images in divs and a nav bar. Here is what I am trying to do.

Right now I have the 3 images floated and the nav bar clear:both. That puts the nav bar way too far down. How would I get the nav bar up over the picture? I tried a negative top margin but it dodnt work. I also tried positioning everything absolute but then none of the links would work.

Can someone give me some help?

Thanks

leroy30

If the links aren't working they are probably behind a div or another element. Try z-index:2 and make sure the absolute positioned menu is after your other html.

PixelPusher

Super Moderator
Staff member
just make a container div that holds all these element, has the grass background, and is set to relative position.

Use Absolute position with z-index on all the other items (logo, home plate, photo) You can use the same z-index value for all three of these because they don t overlap.

You only issue is with the navigation bar. That needs to be set to absolute and have a z-index value one LESS that the other three elements. '

Make sense? Its late for me, 1AM, so I may be a little incoherent. There is a sticky post (tutorial about css positioning, this might help you.

good luck

jemountfort

is it fixed ? used to have this problem in the early days, and yes it is a pain in the ass, if you want i can paste some code here how i would do it, with the css

Last edited: