CSS Layout Issue

follicle

Hello,

I recently started building our new corporate website using CSS instead of html tables, as it seems to be a lot more stable and easier to manage. I followed an online tutorial to help me establish a baseline grid using a combination of line-height and margin-bottom attributes. I've run into a problem with the text that appears in the left column. You can view the site I'm working on here: www.frontierkemper.com/newsite/organization.html

In I.E. 7, the text appears as I would like it to, with perfectly aligned baselines. However, in Safari and Firefox, the first sentence of the left column shifts down ever so slightly.

Is there a reason for this? Is it something in my coding?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

darrenfox

Make sure you declare a line height for the paragraph tag. The default defers depending on which browser you use.

steammultimedia

Hello,

I recently started building our new corporate website using CSS instead of html tables, as it seems to be a lot more stable and easier to manage. I followed an online tutorial to help me establish a baseline grid using a combination of line-height and margin-bottom attributes. I've run into a problem with the text that appears in the left column. You can view the site I'm working on here: www.frontierkemper.com/newsite/organization.html

In I.E. 7, the text appears as I would like it to, with perfectly aligned baselines. However, in Safari and Firefox, the first sentence of the left column shifts down ever so slightly.

Is there a reason for this? Is it something in my coding?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Hi there,

Good going getting rid of tables to start with.

You will find that IE tends to display the code the way that it wants you to see it and firefox tends to display the CSS the way the code is writen.

A great way to even them out at a plain starting field is to set your margin and padding to Zero everywhere.

thats one of the ways that i find useful to getting each of the browsers looking the same