CSS Gallery / CSS / HTML5 / Design / UX Showcase

lifeindev

After working on it in my free time for a few months I finally got my new site launched!! :)

cssgal.com - CSS Gallery

Description:
CSS Gallery is a CSS/HTML5/Design/UX inspirational showcase of the Beautiful Web. We are unique in that we let you browse by website components (E.g.- logo, header, footer, buttons, navigation, etc..). It's a great resource for designers/developers looking for an inspiration boost.

Currently it's running on a linode.com server and uses the following tech stack: linux (debian sid), puppet (config management), nginx, mysql, php
I would love some feed back and some beta testers to help run it through the ringer, and feel free to submit your site if you have one =)
I'd also be happy to answer any questions you might have as well!

Check it out and let me know what you think :D

Cheers :D

lifeindev

You site looks really nice, good job. I really like the left and right arrows to view the next site.

Thnx! :) I was only going to do the left/right buttons; but someone suggested that I should also make the left/right arrow keys navigate back and forth as well. I just added in that functionality last night. :)

brandontw

I love the site! it looks great! And really useable too.

I think one of my only problems is your active menu button decoration. Its pretty extreme... maybe get rid of a little bit of that yellow glow effect and pick a slightly darker color?

lifeindev

FYI I changed the nav and got rid of the big yellow active state button (you may need to refresh since I use aggressive caching headers). Looks a lot cleaner now. thnx again for the input guys =)