css and flash?

mattiasb

Hi, tried to put flash in css formatting of a page, doesn't seem to work though. Is it possible to do this or does css just go with static images??

LouTheDesigner

It is possible to do. Maybe your css is just targeting the wrong object? Here's some sample code of mine, using a div. The name of the swf is intro2.swf. I'll make the class name of the div "container":

------------------------------------------

#container {
margin:0 auto;
position:relative;
text-align:left;
clear:left;
}

-------------------------------------------

Then, in your html, add the following:

-------------------------------------------

<div id="container">
<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,28,0" width="800" height="750">
<param name="movie" value="intro2.swf" />
<param name="quality" value="high" />
<embed src="intro2.swf" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="800" height="750"></embed>
</object>
</div>

-----------------------------------------------------------

Substitute your swf name for intro2.swf, add whichever css properties you'd like, and the appropriate width/height, and you should be good to go. Also, make sure that your paths are correct.

-Lou

LouTheDesigner

Sure, just change the css properties as follows, and change the left and top properties to fit your needs.

#container {
position:absolute;
left:100px;
top:150px
}

Hope this helps.

mattiasb

thank you Lou! another question: is it possible to make a background-layer in Dreamweaver with pictures that change, and to place a flash movie over that layer??

LouTheDesigner

Ok. First I'll give advice for the layers. I'll post more tomorrow about the image-changing background (a bit drunk right now).

To use layers with html, you just need to use the z-index property.

#container {
position:relative;
z-index: 1
}

Objects with the lower numbers will display behind the other ones.

mattiasb

I'd like a background with pictures that slide into eachother through opacity, and over that place a flashmovie..