Cruise / Dive / Camp touristy website...

leroy30

Hi guys n girls,

been a while since I've posted one of my own here. I completed this website as an upgrade for one of my clients just before xmas. It would be good to get some feedback on it! Most notibly anything I could do better next time.

The website is for a company based in Musandam providing traditional Dhow cruises, diving courses and expeditions an a unique camping experience. They have some really amazing photos especially in the dive section so if you're in to that have a look :eek:)

http://www.sheesabeach.com

Cheers,
Le-roy

notarypublic

Very well done!

The flash animation of the bubbles skips just a bit, so maybe a smoother tween action/slower speed would help with that.. if you click on the arrows on the slideshow at the top when it's in the middle of transitioning images it hiccups for a second as well. Nitpicky things, I know.

I don't know if this is a thing or not, but when I am using the navigation links at the bottom, the site is just a bit too tall (1900px height on my monitor). Some anchor points on those links would keep the browser focused on the content of the page if they are clicked, instead of skipping back up to the header (lovely as it is).

Still, very trivial things. I think you put together a fantastic site :)

leroy30

Great! Thanks for the feedback.

I see what you mean. Nitpicky is totally fine it'll help me ensure the next website is less 'nitpicky' ;)

Perhaps next time they have me do some changes I'll sort these 'issues'. They are very happy with it. I didn't mention above but I built it around wordpress so they can manage their own content.

Cheers :)

notarypublic

Great! Thanks for the feedback.

I see what you mean. Nitpicky is totally fine it'll help me ensure the next website is less 'nitpicky' ;)

Perhaps next time they have me do some changes I'll sort these 'issues'. They are very happy with it. I didn't mention above but I built it around wordpress so they can manage their own content.

Cheers :)

That's actually something I would like to ask you about, then. I'm working on a project right now (1. Updating the old website, 2. Designing a new HTML one, 3. Working on a CMS one as the final product. It's for academia so the time span of these things is not terribly important)

I'm definitely considering wordpress - they want to add announcements and things so I'm assuming they could make use of the blog functionality.

How hard is it designing a wordpress site? Did you start from the ground up with a custom "theme" ?

Pinewine

Clean.
Attractive to the eye.
Pleasant colors and logical ones for the site.
Excellent use of placement.
Excellent use technology and code.

Incidentally, my thoughts and prayers are with all Christchurch residents tonite...I wish you all well and a speedy recovery from the quake. I spent months in your city both enroute to and returning from, the ice and I love your country and your people.

Last edited:

kohncreative

Site looks good. Promotions is buried way at the bottom. I would think that would be a feature that people would want to see right away. Also, the navigation kind of gets lost to me. Kind of blends into the background. Other than that, it's nice visually.

leroy30

Kohncreative - very valid feedback! I shall consider this when next I visit this project.

Thanks Pinewine. And yeah it's a shame about Christchurch - It's been a long time since we've had such a catastrophic natural disaster here.

tomo890

Visually the site is brilliant.

In terms of accessibility, it's a little disappointing that you've chosen to use images for some of the titles on the page. The use of header text would ensure the content was accessible for screen readers and search-engine friendly.

I also think disabling right-click seems a little daft too - it reduces the usability of your site - and anyone could find their way around it anyway with a quick Google search.

Nevertheless...well done :)