Critique

lolkaykay

Personally, I think the animation in the banner is a little too much. Anyway, you should make the banner and the main content area the same width and make sure the paragraphs are aligned.

lonelytree

Its a little bit too simple, and why is there a huge void of gray-baige nothingness?
i do agree with lolkaykay that the animation is a bit too much

flyboy

Thank you for your helpful replies. I do agree that the animation was over the top and I have cut it down. I don't agree that it is too simple. The idea is to sell Roger's business and I believe the message is direct and to the point.
Anyway, thanks

lentak

Well, just to tell you the truth....try to create a website in Wordpress with some good template, because like this it is absolutely useless and the visitor wastes his time. When I open your website I have neverending window opened to the right and down as well. Sometimes I cannot see anything just solver background color. If you want to sell some pictures, or to make a photo, replace the current website with Wordpress.

Just my suggestion.

flyboy

critiquw

I have been reading Lentak's contribution again. It is hard to decipher his grammar and it seems to me that the forum could do without thisd kind of reply. My web site was checked out in IE8, Firefox and Safari and in each it loaded correctly displaying the web in full. It may not be the world's greatest web, that's why I aked for criticism but it certainly is not what Lentak inplied.If one is to make use of this forum, and there are plenty of other forum's out there, we should expect reasoned contributions not the rant I received.

anna

I have been reading Lentak's contribution again. It is hard to decipher his grammar and it seems to me that the forum could do without thisd kind of reply. My web site was checked out in IE8, Firefox and Safari and in each it loaded correctly displaying the web in full. It may not be the world's greatest web, that's why I aked for criticism but it certainly is not what Lentak inplied.If one is to make use of this forum, and there are plenty of other forum's out there, we should expect reasoned contributions not the rant I received.

Whoa, I think you're being a bit too sensitive. Lentak's rant?!?! Come on! :) Yes, it takes a lot to put your work out there for the purpose of constructive criticism but you need to develop a thicker skin or let only your mother critique your work. I agree with Lentak. The site is too simple. The photography is NOT fantastic and the overall feel of the site is very amateurish.

You might want to consider adding a stroke around your images to pop them out a bit. Everything just looks flat on the page; the photos are out of focus and the color palette you chose leaves MUCH to be desired.

Personally, I think you need to study the theory of design a bit more. Everything seems arbitrary, like there was no thought put into the layout and you just plopped everything down.

Those are just my thoughts, of course. Like you said before- there are many forums out there. What do people in those other forums say? You know the popular saying "If you can't take the heat, stay outta the kitchen" :)

Last edited: