Critique New Merchant Site

FestaColorata.com Aesthetics

• I like it. (It's ok.)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Nadia

FestaColorata.com

I'm just now learning about code (CSS, etc.). I do know my site is code heavy and antiquated (I used Dreamweaver). Eventually this site will have a Flash version as well.

In the meantime... I'm concentrating on the design. I worked around my image of the target audience (fashion conscious woman into small boutique/original items).

Please keep in mind the site is in the beginning stages and thus a work in progress (some links are not yet posted, nor sub-categories on the boutique page). Considering the items and categories will be expanding tenfold, I would like to critique now and save myself the headache later.

I'm also trouble-shooting the menu as the tooltips aren't showing up.

That said, please give me your thoughts on the general site design. Don't be shy. I am thick skinned and looking for constructive criticism.

Thanks for your time!
Nadia

ian

Administrator
Staff member
There is no text on the main page to indicate what the site is about. That is not good for SEO and not good for visitors.

Nadia

So what is it that you hate about the design? Some constructive criticism/art direction (if you're capable) might be helpful.

By the way, keep in mind I am asking about the aesthetics of this site. The map is incomplete at this time and also, keep in mind the target demographic. I don't know if you have a degree in advertising/marketing, but if you do you will understand.

Looking forward to your critique considering you are an "administrator." Thanks!

Last edited:

o0JoeCool0o

Sorry I dont even know where to begin... this site needs a complete redesign. your tiled background doesnt line up the image quality is pixelated and the site itself is slow to load, it uses tables for layout and frames! Please try again! Read up on proper html development using CSS and Divs. Make your backgrounds line up use high quality images, the hover effect needs alot of work. Do be discouraged! Your technique just needs to be evolved into today's web standards.

scarlett

What are the gems on the main page for if when you click them you will only go to the same page? Anything you click on the main page will just retain you to the said page.

jnjc

There is no text on the main page to indicate what the site is about. That is not good for SEO and not good for visitors.

So what is it that you hate about the design? Some constructive criticism/art direction (if you're capable) might be helpful.

Looking forward to your critique considering you are an "administrator." Thanks!

Looks to me like you are not ready for criticism....

I agree with Ian, your landing page is too ambiguous, you should have some text indicating who you are and what you do. Maybe tool tips on the gems to tell the user what happens when they click them. I am not sure why you opted to use frames, but it makes the page loading jumpy.

Havox

Needs more text and less images. People should know what they're clicking, I don't want to click each gem to find out where it takes me. I want to be able to read the link and see if thats the page I want to go to.