Critique New Merchant Site

FestaColorata.com Aesthetics

• I love it! (Very chic!)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I hate it. (Tacky and over the top.)

• Eh... Whatever. (It's alright. Nothing special.)

• Total voters

Nadia

Sorry, I placed in wrong category. Reposted under "Website Reviews." If you don't mind, please disregard this posting and refer to the more appropriate category.

Thanks!

-Nadia

FestaColorata.com

FOLLOWING REPOSTED UNDER "WEBSITE REVIEW:" (SORRY FOR DUPLICATE, I'M NEW.)

I'm just now learning about code (CSS, etc.). I do know my site is code heavy and antiquated (I used Dreamweaver). Eventually this site will have a Flash version as well.

In the meantime... I'm concentrating on the design. I worked around my image of the target audience (fashion conscious woman into small boutique/original items).

Please keep in mind the site is in the beginning stages and thus a work in progress (some links are not yet posted, nor sub-categories on the boutique page). Considering the items and categories will be expanding tenfold, I would like to critique now and save myself the headache later.

I'm also trouble-shooting the menu as the tooltips aren't showing up.

That said, please give me your thoughts on the general site design. Don't be shy. I am thick skinned and looking for constructive criticism.

Thanks for your time!
Nadia

Last edited:

natenation

First off I would recommend directions to guide your customers along their way. Upon landing on the site it wasn't apparent what to do. Also when you do click and enter no product displays by default, just an empty screen. Finally I would make the buttons more prominent and look like buttons, OR at least link text so it is obvious that the user can click. While changes like this might not coincide with your design ideas you have to balance appearance with functionality and usability to create the best site you can.

Hope this helps!

Nadia

Yes, I stated that at this moment I'm concentrating on the aesthetics.

In the other post under "review," I pointed out that I am having trouble with the tooltips. I'm researching this and hope it will eventually work so that I don't have to create a text menu (although I think I will have to yield). For whatever reason, they appear in IE but not FF. Maybe you know more about this than I do and can recommend some online readinds for me?

The empty screen on the boutique entrance will be replaced with categories. For now, it's empty.

Thanks for your feedback! :)