critique my custom computer shop website

gschoenhofen

My website isn't finished yet but I've got the basic layout down.... just gotta add in the shopping cart...

can some people give me some suggestions on what I should or could do differently? Let me know what I've done wrong or let me know what I could add in that could make it better :)

Thanks!

http://www.potent-pc.com/

Geodun1

I've been keeping an eye on your site for a few days, so I feel comfortable saying that I think you need more colors on your palette here. I feel your site lacks in any depth (which can impact your customer base, if you think psychologically) due to the consistent background color. If not for the headers, I wouldn't know where each box begins and ends. You should consider adding some color to each content box to help lift them off the page and into your readers eyes.

I personally find it somewhat difficult to read white on black (sensitive eyes) and doubt I would be the only potential customer (consider every visitor as such and design towards it!) whom would have that issue. By adding more color to your content (any color on black is generally bad practice) you could make life easier on your readers and add life and energy to your page. As it is now, it seems almost... devoid of life?

Make use of your color palette already in place if you want, extending the blue concept to your boxes! The world is your playground :)

adamblan

First, I agree that the design is simply too simple and redundant. I'd try maybe consolidating your site's content into fewer pages for that... Also, fix the delay on your nav- drop-downs are nice, but not when they don't work...

adx

I agree with the posts above, but there were a couple of other things I noticed.

First off, I have a laptop with an x-resolution of 1280 pixels, and the width of the page
itself couldn't possibly be more than 800 pixels wide, yet the browser still conjures up a
horizontal scroll, which allows me to scroll 200 pixels or so to the right?

Edit: Did you position the entire page absolutely 400px from the right?
If so you should center the page by containing everything inside a div and add this
to center it properly.

#pagewrapper {
margin: 0 auto;
text-align: left;
width: 800px;}

Secondly, the drop down menu doesn't always work, as it seems that when the mouse
leaves the main button you need to be quick to reach the drop down list, which to me
signifies that there's a small gap between the main button and the drop down list.
Yet it's impossible to tell since the background color is the same as the menu. Run it on your
computer with contrasting colors to see if that's the case.

Love the Nintento-ish logo!

Last edited:

Bronzy

Hi

Please change you font color and size and also background color .Its not a eye catching graphics.

pingeyeg

I really don't like the black background. You need to liven it up some for your customers. Make them feel comfortable when they are on your site. Right off the bat I want to leave the site based on the feeling I get.