Creative Newbie needs help

fivefootnine

Hi! I have an idea of a very creative new webpage, as I am a total novise of building web pages I could use some help from a web-forum like this.

Step ONE!
I´m about to build a web-page where I will list lottery results.
The results are taken directly from another web-page and need to be done automatically and updating every day.
I need some advices on software to do this.

STEP TWO!
As soon as I have the results on my computer, in whatever software I´m choosing,, I need another (?) software to convert the numbers into premade graphics... Like,, the number 1 will be converted to a premade .jpg of a ball with the number 1 painted on it.

I could need just a little hint on what kind of software I should be looking into,, Thanks for ANY advice!
Have a nice day!

ekim941

Another solution would be to make one graphic of the ball with no number on it and use that as a background image for a div that contains the number, making it appear that the number is on the ball. Then, you just need to break the winning numbers from the other site down into individual numbers and place each one in a div with the ball background.

To answer the first part of your question, I'd need to know what type of feed you are getting the numbers from, it's most likely XML. With a little php, you could extract the numbers you need from the XML feed and build the image you want with a series of divs.