Create a web page of sorts on a DVD

trickyrick

Hi guys
I hope Im in the right forum. I have never created a web page and I dont really want to now. I have several freeware programs that I have collected over the years and would like to burn them onto a DVD. All of the programs have an .exe to install them. I would like to create an auto run and point it to some kind of html web page on the DVD where it would list all the programs then I would just click on the one that I wanted to install. Is this possible
Thanks
Rick

trickyrick

I have dreamweaver and have a couple of questions
I have created a folder with all my programs and I have created a web page in dreamweaver and created a link to each of the programs. When I click on the link I get a window that asks if I want to save the program rather than run or install it. How do I get it to install. I have saved this web page into the same folder when I burn this folder to a cd the links to the programs will change how do I fix this
Thanks
Rick

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
use relative links. for instance if all the files are within the same directory (to include you html file) then a relative link would be just the filename+file extension of the file you are linking to.

trickyrick

Thanks for the reply zkiller
Im still having trouble getting the programs in the file to run the web site still wants to save the file. In Dreamweaver on the properties window bottom of the window I can see the link and its to the file that I want to run. Any iteas
Thanks
Rick