Create a simple email submit form...

sausage dog

OK, I have designed a record label web site and need to create a form to collect email addresses for our mail outs.

Although I can create a form I am having difficulty understanding how I actually collect the emails. We have email addresses from our web host and can easily create a mailing address for the information to be submitted to.

But how?

Am I right in thinking it is all down to the service the web host provides?

Thanks in advance for any help.:eek:

Artoonie

The web host must allow PHP. I do not know the exact script, but I know I made one in HTML and my host did not allow PHP so I couldn't do it.

ISDProductions

this all depends....do you just want the form to e-mail you?, do you want them to go to a txt file? Do you want to database the e-mails, and send directly from the database? does your server have database capabilities? does you server allow server side scripts? if so which languages?

This process could be as hard or complicated as you wish. I would suggest since you already know how to make a form. set the form action as mailto:[email protected] and manually create a addressbook in whatever mail client you use. Then just have one of the form feilds be the clients e-mail address.