CorelDraw or Illustrator?

dubyaogee

Being a tshirt artist for years, CorelDraw is my go to vector creator. I think its more of what you start with and get familiar with. I use both CD and Illy, but if I want to do something fast ... I always use CorelDraw. If you are doing seperations, CD is much easier to work with than Illustrator ... but the trace functions in Illustrator are superior. I couldn't do without either.

uaxelabs

The provided comparison review illustrates the differences and similarities in capabilities, compatibility, user interface, and learning curve between Adobe Illustrator and CorelDRAW.

Features
Many graphic design professionals use Adobe Illustrator and CorelDRAW for print design, drawings, and even industrial design. Using both programs, you can create vector graphics, but CorelDRAW's Live Sketch Tool provides a realistic hand-drawn feel using a drawing tablet.

Compatibility & Integration
You may edit and comment on CorelDRAW projects online, and this is a great function for simple changes. Adobe Illustrator has launched an easy-to-use iPad edition that lets you work without having your laptop. As for app integration, Illustrator wins. With the CC version, you can work on your files in InDesign, Photoshop, and After Effects and open and edit PDF files.

User Interface
In my opinion, CorelDRAW's interface is cleaner, but Adobe Illustrator's panel is more efficient for editing images, and the click on a symbol summons it. You can always choose which panels appear.

If you're new to graphic design, CorelDRAW is a bit easier since there is less of a learning curve, and the programme itself is more intuitive. You may perform most basic graphic design functions and schematic drawings in CorelDRAW. You may also use Adobe Illustrator to create vectors, intricate visuals, and branding images.