CorelDraw or Illustrator?

Diversus

Hi, Looking to do some designs and logos, in either CorelDraw or Illustrator?
I haven't used CorelDraw in years, used Illustrator as part of CS5 recently.
Which would you recommend?
Cheers

Fireproofgfx

You would want to use Illy since it has "true" vector capabilities. You could design a logo at 500px by 500px and blow it up to 100000x10000000 and it won't distort because Illy is based off of exact calculations.

Here is cool test: Open up both programs and make a red circle and then give it a black 2px stroke and then zoom in or blow it up and look at the stroke line and see if it is pixelated and see how Illy is not. Pretty impressive.

denis

Corel Draw is solid, the reality is that I don't know how to use it and I get all frustrated when I have to... I use illustrator and I'm fast!.

RushEvans

Re

Corel Draw has been around eversince the evolution of Photoshop. I strongly recommend Corel for its robust features. Never knew before that this application is capable of the features I was looking from Adobe products.

jacknot

Both software’s can use to designing but I recommending illustrator because it has user friendly advance tools. Also user can work on large file and complex file with quick output.

KristinWard

I'm going to have to vote Illustrator. Out of the two I think its much easier to use, especially if your experience is more recent.

Sllen Scott

I will have to go with the majority and vote for Illustrator. Since I am already familiar with the whole CS line, it makes it easier for me to carry the work over to different programs.

Sllen Scott

Hahaha! Nice one. They are already in version X6 in case you don't know. I think the proprietary format that they with CorelDraw is still the biggest issue since it limits compatibility with other programs.

ilovedesign

I would have to say it depends on what you are doing. If you are creating designs and logos I would go with Illustrator since it works better with vectors. That being said I am a huge Corel Draw fan, but that is when I actually have my tablet out and I am actually using it to create artwork.

jaydenharris98

As par my suggestion coreldrew is best for graphic design,

Here is advantages of coreldrew

-Corporate-class support
-Intuitive technology
-Compatibility
-Invest in Maintenance
-Customization
-Multilingual support
-Classic support

I think both of these software is nice for you. Its depend with your familiar using this software. I have using these software for many years, and its very useful to create amazing design and logo.

almondevan

Corel Draw is the best because it inherits some features of Photoshop and Illustrator. Therefore it’s easy to work with Corel Draw.

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
Corel Draw is the best because it inherits some features of Photoshop and Illustrator. Therefore it’s easy to work with Corel Draw.
hahaha! yes corel draw inherits "some" features of illustrator, therefore it is better than illustrator. love your logic.

simple fact corel draw is nowhere up to speed with illustrator.