Controlable flash file.??

Travo925

Alright, on a website I am currently making I want to add a page that I can embed some songs I made on my guitar that I recorded. I have mp3's of them, and I converted them to flash files. I can embed them alright using this code:

<object width="550" height="400">
<param name="movie" value="somefilename.swf">
<embed src="somefilename.swf" width="550" height="400">
</embed>
</object>

But when I do this, It simple embeds a song. Is there some code that I can use where I have controls that enable the user to start/stop the song. Without the song automatically starting. Also, can I do this by embedding several different songs with the controls. I have googled endless hours and have come up empty handed. None of the stuff I am going to be embeding is copyrighted so no need to worry about that, just wondering if I can do this. Anyone with the code that I would need to use please help.

StephanieCordray

If you are adding these songs as flash files, you have to add the controls when making the flash movie. They don't just automatically add themselves. Once you add them to a flash file, they are no longer mp3s but flash.

As to how to add such controls, if you have a legal copy of flash, there are a few good tutorials included which will walk you through this using action scripting.

beekeeper

If you didn't want to do it in flash you could always make sepperate pages embedded with flash and insert them into iframes or something, but that's a very roundabout stupid way to do what you really should be using flash to do. also with flash you can have things fade in and fade out and pre load which might add a nice touch.