Continuous music throughout site, Please help

afcove

Hi,

Can someone please help me...I would like to play a background song on my site. I want it to play continuously and not restart when you go to the other pages in my site I'm using Frontpage to design my website. I believe it isn't possible to do this using HTML. What are my other options?

Thanks

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
why not load the song in a frame with a size of zero making it virtually invisible. that way the song loads on a seperate page and would not be realoaded everytime as the users navigates your pages.

afcove

zkiller,

Thanks for your response! Can you elaborate a little more please? Do you mean to create a separate page that opens when a user goes to my site?

Thanks

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
sorry for the slow reply.

ok... you will need to create a minimum of 3 files. one will contain the frameset (index.htm), another will for playing your sound file (sound.htm) and then the third will be the main page your actual web site (let's just call it main.htm).

index.htm
Code:
<html>
<head>
<title>YourDomain.com - Title goes here</title>
</head>

<body>
<frameset rows="0,*" frameborder="no" border="0" framespacing="0">
  <frame src="sound.htm" name="_sound" scrolling="No" noresize="noresize" id="sound" />
  <frame src="main.htm" name="_main" id="main" />
</frameset>
</body>

</html>
basically, what a frameset does is divide the browser into multiple windows, each of which can operate independent of one another. however, it is possible to access one frame from another, but let's not get into that right now.

hope that helps a little. let me know if you have any further questions.

kiko_friendly

I can do it in HTML.
However, if ya wanna use it, you gotta credit me.

It uses iFrames, though. So it would only work on a site with iFrames.

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
I can do it in HTML.
However, if ya wanna use it, you gotta credit me.

It uses iFrames, though. So it would only work on a site with iFrames.
same basic principle as what i suggested... although i am sure you have some bells and whistles in mind... don't ya? :D