Content Management

jadiebrown

I had a request to take over the management of someone's site. The site has been done with a CMS - Joomla in particular. I have to say that I am struggling to get to grips with it as it feels like the program limits the capabilities that normally come from straight forward coding. I'd be really interested to hear about other people's experience with this software and others like it.

conor

In my opinon it will limit you at the beginning, but once you learn how to use it you will be amazed at how much it has to offer!

jnjc

I like Joomla and in my experience it's pretty flexible, if you have a specific concern/query post them and we will try and steer you in the right direction...

jadiebrown

Thanks for that. The first issue I had is with a contact form. I learned how to do one on this forum, so it's pretty straight forward for me to simply code one into the page, develop the php page and it's done. With joomla, I can't seem to do that in the text editors. So if I wanted a contact form, I assume I would actually need to download a plug in of some sort?

jnjc

Contacts should be already there. Login to the admin section and check the components menu, you should see a contacts option. Add a default contact (Joomla allows you to have multiply contacts for sales, support etc...). Then add a new item to your menu and choose type contact ....

HTH,
JC