Contact form with file upload

krymson

I was wondering what the best solution is (if there is one) for my speed bump in my current project. I'm creating a contact form for a printing company, when someone contacts them about a service they want the end user to be able to upload their logo/art work for the printing process. My questions is, can you have it upload and send with the email the contact form uses without having to upload it to SQL?

This is a specific request for my client or should i just have it so that the end user has to personally email my client to submit the artwork?

Whats a good tutorial/solution to this?

P.S. here is what im working on http://promotionalpros.krymsonproductions.co.cc/mock2/ this was just a few hours work, here is their current site... http://www.promotionalpros.com

This is still a work in progress so dont critique me too hard

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
how i've done a similar thing in the past is to create a user login section with a custom made web app which has a file upload component. this is actually not that difficult. as once they are already logged in it will add it to their unique crm file, you'll also need to define a set folder for them all to be uploaded to so it does not mess with your current filestructure. you just need to have it available to the customer to "view" to make sure it is correct., and for that I guess an edit option would also be good. the actual interaction will differ depending on your cms, but if your cms sends out automated notifications when a user submits, it should be really quite a smooth process for your client and their customers. having said that, you will need to define all the parameters on the upload page so as to not have people submitting 10mb images of their dog, or indeed go for the simple option of email as you suggested.

clonepal

If you still need the contact form with possibility to upload any kind of files, and without a database where to upload files send me a PM here and i will send you a custom php script.