Confused about site title & tagline vs logo

wilhorse

Can someone explain if it's better to have a site title and tagline vs logo? I have really struggled getting a simple logo. I don't have photoshop and don't really have time to learn. Didn't really see anything just clean and simple in the online generator.

This is the clean minimal look I'm going for: http://www.woundcareforhorses.com/

It's the same theme, only I lightened it up, and make it more minimal. The other was too heavy and formal. At this point I don't really care what the logo is as long as it's something flat, minimal and goes with what I've started. Don't want anything too "illustrated". Just plain. How do I create this, or can someone make something up for me for a small fee? I created this as a header image. Please I'm about to pull my hair out over what to use, and how to create it. Thanks

chrishirst

Staff member
Can someone explain if it's better to have a site title and tagline vs logo?
Assuming you mean "as used in WordPress". But they are all different things and not really a A,B or C decision

"site title" is simply a couple of words that is added to the title element of every URL.

A "tag line" is simply a line of text that is overlaid in the "header area" of every URL, aka a 'by-line' in marketing. Normally a phrase that is part of your 'branding'. For example ... "Just do it", "It's the Real Thing" and "I'm lovin' it" ...

Now name the products.

A "logo" is an image that is also part of the branding of your product or service.

How do I create this, or can someone make something up for me for a small fee?
Usually in a vector editor, yes.

I created this as a header image. Please I'm about to pull my hair out over what to use, and how to create it. Thanks
Header images and a logo are two different things.

wilhorse

Thanks! Chris, I was thinking, and on the crown logo on the site, if I blow it up huge in Paint.net and clean it up, will that be clear enough for a crisp high res logo? Roughly how big? I think that's why it looks so bad is it was drawn in actual size vs being blown up. Hope this makes sense. I know NOTHING about graphic design. ugggg

Yes, I'm talking about what WP calls the title and tagline. Was wondering if it's a plus to leave the title vs logo. Thanks

chrishirst

Staff member
Aah! It's a crown....

I thought it was some kind of a stylised "mountain skyline". However, how does that represent your brand and/or your business name?

Was wondering if it's a plus to leave the title vs logo
Two entirely different things, The 'title' is what appears in the search engine listings, while the logo is what should appear in the mind of your target audience.

d a v e

can you draw what you're thinking of? just pencil/pen and paper then scan it and post it?

i mena to give us an idea of how you would like ti to look? and what colour. or do you simply need the crown as vector??

Last edited: