Compumodo.com

compumodo

Hey folks, I'm launching a new business after being in web design for sometime. So with that said, I have been trying to hatch out a web design for this business. I have created the main page, and some constructive critisim would do me well. please check out

http://www.compumodo.com

and let me know what you think

Thanks

flimflam

I love it man. It is everything a design should be. to be honest, I like to follow the "golden rules" like less is more, etc, but they have almost become trite. So with that other templat i designed I was trying to do too much.

But this, this is what I ai for. It is garish in a way, yet not overstated. the blue and brushed silver are complementary, and the site it easy to nav.

Well done.

compumodo

I have created the main page

yes, none of the links work, sense its more than likely that I will be changing things around, I have only made the home page, until I get the final design together.

Thanks for the comments!

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I like the design, but I dont like how the google ads appear above the site title and site navigation. They should appear lower, the way it is now, it looks like the ads are more important than the site content.

compumodo

heh, at the moment they are more important:)

just figured I'd throw that up while I was developing. Every little bit helps ya know.

Thanks for your comment, you make a good point. Once the site is up and running, I plan on ditching the ads all together. In my opinion sites of this nature shouldn't have ads, or if they do, only where free advice, etc... are being given out.

Thanks for the reviews, anyone else have any ideas? Thanks!

VeryConscious

Main nav needs a little work. It just blends in to the rest of the site a little too much. Style the text differently (size, font etc). Nothing drastic. Just something to differentiate it from the main part of the site.

The bottom image needs something as well. Even if it's just a copyright text to break up the image slightly.

compumodo

Thanks for the tips, hopefully once I have all the pages worked out and linked up I can come up with a suitable color to differentiate the links from the main content.

I was hoping someone would mention the bottom, I have been a bit torn on where to place the copyright info. I can't decide if I like it more on the blue or silver.

I've had it in black on the silver and in white on the blue, and I like the way both look.

VeryConscious

I almost think using the same image for the footer as you've used for the header is a bit too much. It's a bit big to be a footer. Perhaps try something a little thinner.

compumodo

After all the reviews on here , I think I have come up with a pretty good design.

Thanks everybody, for taking the time to help me out. I have shown this to my partners and they are as entusiastic about the design as I am, so it's full speed ahead now. Once again thanks for the help, I'll be sure to return the favor in the future!

AunStudio

Hi Compumodo,

This might be a late opinion, but overall it looks very soft & pleasant to the eyes, nice job.

The oooonly thing... text color seems a bit washed out in my opinion.

Cheers,

AunStudio

No Prob...

You picked a bright color against white background.
Just darken the color tone a bit and you should have more contrast between text/links and background.

Cheers,

compumodo

I'm sorry, I apprieciate your suggestion, but I'm still a little confused?

Do you mean the #CCCCCC over the #FFFFFF next to the images in the middle?

If I made that any darker wouldn't the #000000 text blend in more?

Sorry, but that just isn't making any sense to me? Am I missing something?

I know that #CCCCCC isn't the darkest gray, but I would hardly call it light over white?

Or are you talking about the blue on the right with the white text? Or the links that are referred to in an earlier post?

Thanks AunStudio