companies?

vex

i'm interested in opening up a shop online. the first and most logical question that i'm stumped on is where do you get the products? I'M NOT interested in simply adding a link to a company and getting referral pay. i'm actually wanting to advertise products and use shopping cart software to make commission. i've found market america but would like more options to research. where can i find these companies and whats the technical name for this sort of thing?

ian

Administrator
Staff member
what sort of products do you want to sell?
There is a term called 'dropshipping' which basically involves taking an order from a customer, then placing an order with a distributor, and getting them to ship the goods directly to the customer.
You pay the distributor and the customer pays you. But dont know whether there are many people making much of a profit selling in this way.

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
ian said:
what sort of products do you want to sell?
There is a term called 'dropshipping' which basically involves taking an order from a customer, then placing an order with a distributor, and getting them to ship the goods directly to the customer.
You pay the distributor and the customer pays you. But dont know whether there are many people making much of a profit selling in this way.
yup, you are correct sir. in my personal experience in the automotive industry this the best way to get started out, especially if you're having to work off of a relatively low budget.

the other way to get your hands on the products, is directly from the manufacturer. this involves much more work and you would need to keep your own inventory at all times. in the long run this would give your a lower price on each individual item and thereby raise your profit margin. however, the start up cost is much larger, as their commenly is a buy in cost to become an authrorized retailer.

neoX Designs

Hi,

Listen mate, if you want to email me or add me to your msn, [email protected], do so, and we can set you up with a fully automated site for a reasonable cheap price, and also can help you get started. ;)

Ben Rickard.

john238

Many people either do affiliate marketing or use dropshipping. If they using dropshipping, then they would normally use this until their business becomes big enough to purchase and store their own bulk loads of products.

DPTECH

Whatever you decide to sell you should really believe in the product and have a very good understanding of it... customers will ask questions and if you cant answer questions about your own product it will not last long.... pick something you are passionate about and google to find some suppliers... just my 2 cents..

e.monsterclicks

You can find a lot of companies like this.

The thing is to find a good product and be strong with it..

Affiliate Networks has very good managers that can help you to find the correct product for you.

Go ahead and test the market.. it is the only way.. :)

nighthawks

aly0408

virtuemart is a software program you can use to add to your site for e-commerce. not sure if that is exactly what your looking for though.