Comment / Script questions

mykotron

Hi,... hope this is the right forum. I want to create a website that would be quite simple but I would like to be able to customize it a fair bit. Unfortunately i'm a bit behind in web design/creation. I only know HTML and how to use a few WYSIWYGs.

I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.

Basically what I need is a script or program, maybe even an online blog service thats very customizable. I just want to make a website that allows people to come in and post a comment on a topic and then display the last few messages posted and options for arranging the comments.

Im going to call it "The Universe is...." And then have people come in and finish the sentence in creative ways. Its basically a way of exploring the universe from the perspective of the human mind.

Can anyone recommend a script / design template / comment system or just some advice that would help me with something like this?

Thanks!

Last edited:

mykotron

thanks! i've used wordpress before as a sort of personal online Notepad but never anything public. can you actually edit the pages fairly well? Like if I wanted a certain number of comments to be listed and maybe have one pop up in a random box... and can I move around where the comments go?

I don't want people to have to register to make their comment either. I'd rather them just put a name or have the option but no registration.

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
wordpress actually has a fairly comprehensive skinning engine based on css.

just have a look threw some of the themes on their site for some ideas as to what is possible. most are based on the basic template with minor modifications, but others show some pretty neat ideas.