CodeSublime - PSD to HTML

bnzelener

Hey guys,

I'm working on a new startup PSD to HTML business. We just finished working on our site. - It's still in need of lots of renovation, but I really like our color scheme, and the general look of things.

The address is www.codesublime.com

I'm looking for feedback, ideas, suggestions, anything that hits your mind when you check out our website.

We're also thinking of holding a contest for a logo. I have a refurbished iPhone 3G that I'd be giving away, so hopefully we could get some good content! If you have any suggestions as to where we should host the contest, I would be all ears.

Thanks for your help!

Brennan

Blue Archer

I like the design a lot. My only two problems with it at first glance is that its too wide and it doesn't seem like everything lines up properly.

PixelPusher

Super Moderator
Staff member
I like the simplicity of the design, and the color choice. A sharp logo at the top would look very nice.
One thing that I noticed right away (and this is kinda of big giving your type of business) is the image optimization. You entire home page consists of one background image (gif) but you have both simple and complex elements in that image. I would cut the reflected screen shots out and use a jpg format. And the gif settings (colors) need to be increased because you have a "grainy" look to all the gradients. Are you familiar with image sprites? That may be a good avenue for your design, it still loads as one image, and then the site layout is not locked to the exact structure of current solid gif.

Personally, I think this page should look as sharp as possible if you are specializing in converting PSD to HTML.

I would like to know more about this logo contest too :D