CMS Website Design Assistance - Urgent !

michael.diamond

Hi All,

I have been asked by a client to develop a website that has the following functions;

- the ability to be able to upload images and text for an online product catalogue herself inc. special offers (so this needs to be easy enough)
- the ability for her clients to be able to search the product catalogue by product code
- a blog facility as part of the site

I have experience developing simple websites and also seperate experience developing access databases. With my skills set and a near appraoching deadline (this christmas) what is the best route for me to accomplish this?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Mike

jnjc

You could look at using Joomla with a shopping cart extension or something like Zencart

HTH,
JC

adamblan

I second the Joomla recommendation - though I have experience using VirtueMart rather than ZenCart...

michael.diamond

Yeah, i had a look at Joomla and it seems to have exactly what im looking for, thanks Adam.

A friend of mine had also mentioned Drupal, though im not sure as to how flexible this would be in comparison to Joomla - anyhow ill check both out and see what fits the bill.

Thanks for your contribution guys.

Regards
Mike

conor

Joomla is defo your best bet. It does require a bit of getting used to by the client - it is a bit complicated in comparison to Drupal and Wordpress.