cms type website

cynthgrl

Hi. I am a designer kind of behind the times and my client is requesting I make him a website with flash content, and also to be able for him to edit and post content on his own. Is it possible to make only one page editable or does it have to be made with Joomla or some other cms type program? Sorry Im so new to these methods, but Im trying to learn if it is something that can be done by me or not-As I am not a programmer, however wishing I was :)

Thank you so much!

anna

You could make a template and define certain areas as "editable".

What program or technique are you using to build your pages?

Med

You have two options for handling the content:

- Use an existing CMS to handle the content
- Write an app yourself that allows the customer to add his/her own content

Regardless of the path you take you're likely to run into programming on both the CMS/app side as well as the Flash side.

Good luck.

v2Media

Inform your client that a website with flash content is not a good idea. It will result in less traffic referred to the site via search engines. Sliders/portfolios can be done in dhtml/ajax these days; flash is becomming more redundant every year. Once html5 is entrenched, it will be defunct.

For a 1 page CMS, bite the bullet and contract a dev to do it. It won't cost much. I've done this type of job for other designers for around $250, including a license for a whizbang wysiwyg webpage editor.

$250 vs the pain you'd go through coming up a solution of your own, that's the decision.