cms? confused

acidr4in

Hi guys and girls,

Im new to webdesign and im currently trying to make it on my own, theres one thing that i cant seem to get around my little brain.:confused:

Ok say i design a website for a client in dreamweaver and upload it to my hosting account , ive currently got hosting with godaddy , i want to be able to offer to my clients a way to access the website on the backend.

So if say they wanted to change certain things like a price or a telephone number they could do so with no technical knowledge , instead of ringing me up!.

I have no idea what to use , ive been told use joomla or wordpress , but how?

As far as i can see (which isnt far :D) u can change details with the above mentioned only if the site is built using those programs not dreamweaver.

So to sum up :confused:

bowenac

You could do your design in dreamweaver if that is what you are comfortable using. Then make the required css changes in a blank wordpress theme.

You could do your design in dreamweaver if that is what you are comfortable using. Then make the required css changes in a blank wordpress theme.
Kinda my WordPress work flow. I code it up in HTML/CSS first and then move it over to a blank theme. I have (or should I say am STILL creating) my own blank HTML5 WordPress theme to use for this, but there are several blank ones to use (look at digging into WordPress, they have 2 decent ones). Keep in mind that WordPress can tweak the markup some so you will want to use a browser development tool, such as firebug, to see what elements and sectors may change.