clients want to make updates... more stress?

jnjc

I have just started with Joomla and so far it seems to tick most of the boxes. I am currently putting together a custom template for a site. The way I did it was

1) designed the site in Photoshop
2) Cut a static HTML make from the Photoshop layout
3) I looked at one of the existing templates and used it as a basis for my template, copying the calls etc. from it to my static page.

So far it's all working really well.

As for the flash site:

1) If you can do what the customer wants without flash, then I wouldn't use flash at all
2) You idea to overlay the div may not work. Flash loads as an object in the browser and you may have difficulties overlay it (I don't use flash so I am only supposing here).

HTH,
JC

kangomedia

Personally I use Wordpress as a CMS. I think it's one of the easiest to use. Joomla was a little too bulky for me.

I design my site in Illustrator. Then I build and code it in Dreamweaver with a Wordpress plugin (I'm essentially building a Wordpress theme by doing this).

I can then give my client access to certain pages on the project in order to update it.

As far as updating the flash site. Is there anyway that you can put the text that your client wants to update in an xml file that they can update?