Client Hijack

Shmit

I have a client that has hijacked there own site. They have changed there FTP account password. They have 1and1 as there host and they have even change the password for access to 1and1. They owe my partner and I $600. What should I do?

Wingnut

do what i do and not upload a clients website to there server until payment is made. i host the website on a subdomain while making it then when final payment is made i will load onto clients server. safest way.

Shmit

:( Unfortunately this is my first client. I don’t have the resources or the money to have my own domain, let alone a subdomain. The site was originally supposed to be a fundraiser for a club at my high school. However we graduated before the site was done, and my partner and I decided to keep the money. The client kept adding things for us to do, and now I guess they think it is good enough and they won’t pay us. I guess my real question is; am I totally screwed on this? :(

why2k

Get hold of the host company and tell them that they owe you money and you want the site susspended untill they pay.. Other than that you are up the creek without a paddle!

I saved up till I had enough to buy my own server (well hire one) and I can switch thier sites on and off as I see fit!

Why2k:cool: