Client acquisition – what are you doing?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization and Marketing' started by helpfulhand, Aug 19, 2014.

to remove all ads.
  1. helpfulhand

helpfulhand New Member

Looking for some insights. What methods are you using to gain new clients?

I know what I recommend (and am happy to share!), but I'd like to get a general idea of what avenues others are pursuing.

So what are you doing to gain new clients and how effective are your methods?

2. greatar4

greatar4 New Member

I think that you need to elaborate on that a little bit. If you have a site which is getting decent amount of traffic, you can literally take this opportunity to offer products that your site's visitors might be interested in.

3. chrishirst

chrishirst Well-Known Member Staff Member

literally????

grammar "nazi" alert. If you get annoyed at someone who is English, trying to assist you in English grammar STOP READING NOW!!

4. chrishirst

Okay! Don't say you were not warned! :)

In the above respect the adverb to be used should be 'actually' rather than 'literally'.

ie; If you told someone to carry straight along this road for a mile; ... ...

You do not actually mean for them to take it literally and drive off the road and into a ravine at the first bend they encounter.

5. chrishirst

oh and I forgot to add.

How to get new clients?

You ADVERTISE what you are offering them.

6. ronaldroe

ronaldroe Super Moderator Staff Member

Find a need that few are meeting, meet the need, lather, rinse, repeat.

7. RDB

RDB New Member

Offer something unique, something different than your competition, or better yet find a niche market.

8. 1seo

1seo New Member

I can't offer much on acquisitions, but I can suggest to not do the following things:

• Have nothing to show
    • Don’t ask your client for anything
    • Have no suggestions for improvement
    • Won’t share your techniques

You need to make you client comfortable to retain them and word will spread on your quality.