Clearing Google cache..

Amnar69

Hello everybody.

I would like to know if there is any way to suggest to google flushing website
cache, i made a lot of modification on my website, but on google results
are avaible as a result of a search, pages which are offline from the last year..

I'm sure there are no link to those pages, so i dont know why are still on google. And, new content are also avaible on google, for sure my site was crawled few weeks ago.

Thank you, and nice to meet you all! :)

Kate V

it sounds like use are saying this site or portions of the site were off-line for a while. It can take a while for Google to start indexing you again.

Keep in mind that the Google cache you are able to see is kept on cache servers that are only updated every so often because of the massive amounts of requests going into them by people like you.

You may be updated right now in the live cache and not even know it because you are seeing results from the cache servers.

If you haven't seen some results within 45 days you may have a domain that was banned for some reason. I had to abandon a domain Saturn-5R.com many years ago. The site just never got indexed... I don't know why and I didn't bother to ask Google about it.

So you may want to contact Google about the issue and see if you may have some type of penalty that was applied by a human and will not come off algorithmically.

Quasha

Submit/Add your two domain to Google Webmaster Tools and verify them using the verification method as per your convenience. When verified look for Site configuration on left menu. Under this category you will find Change of address. Follow the steps given under this section.

Or simply redirect all pages of your old domain to the new one using 301 redirect and wait for a month or so and your new domain will be updated in Google passing the old domain values to the new one.

mrandrei

It takes a while before Google updates its index and clears its cache. Just be patient and wait. Google bots will take care of everything.

Amnar69

Thank you

Thank you all for the answer, something is changing in the last few days, my
site is probably under googlebot scannning and the new pages are now visible
in the search results.

The problem are still the old pages, who are also visible but not avaible..I
dont know how much time it will take to settle the operation, but now i'm
having a lot of strange errors on my webmastertool reports, about pages
not avaible and death links (to page and links i removed long time ago)..

Anyway, from what i saw, google needs something like 30-40 days to fix the
search engine results after a massive site redesign..

ps:

Is possible that google also chace in some way the sitemap? google reports my sitemap have links to unavaible pages, but i'm quite sure there are none.. maybe is using an old versione somewhere?

JackRT

Google will periodically crawl to your website and update how it's shown... I'd not worry about it... in fact, I'd suggest being careful about making changes proposed in this very post string...