Chewbz.com - Retro sweets website review please!

Chewbz.com - Re

Dear all,

Firstly, a big hello, this is my first post on the forum and I wanted to say hello and introduce myself! My name is Dom, I dabble in web design and have just launched a site for a client selling retro sweets.

I hoped, with the collective experience and knowledge on this forum you wouldn't mind spending five minutes casting your eye over the site from a design and technical perspective and offer some thoughts or advice.

There are still a few little tweaks to make for FF and IE6 users, however, I am sure I will get around to this in the next few days.

Lastly, my gratitude is never enough, so I have organised with the owner of the site to offer you (and anyone else you wish to give it to!) a 10% discount on the Chewbz website.

Thanks in anticipation... and don't hold back!

Dom
Link to main site: http://www.chewbz.com

Chewbz.com - Re

Just realised I forgot the promo code for you!

Please visit the Chewbz website, add your products to the basket and then enter the code:

DIACP10 (case sensitive)

Cheers!

adx

Wow, that banner is incredibly detailed! Though it took a few seconds to load since it's
a whopping 185kb, which is a bit too big in my opinion. I'm also not a big fan of the
convex light blue border that surrounds the main content. If you removed it and simply
changed the background color inside that field to something lighter, for instance white,
I think it'd look more complete. It just looks like a big hole in the page without.

However I like the 'secure shopping' sign and the image of the accepted credit cards.
This is something that makes people feel safe, and it allows people to instantly see
which credit cards are eligible. All the details at the bottom, like product information
and the delivery and returns seems very detailed. You've done a great job here!
All in all the site looks and feels great. When you get the browser issues fixed the site
will be just wonderful. Kudos! :)

specialk

Now that is a really cool site. I have seen a thousand sites for review on different forums and this one really stands out. It is 100% unique and it really pushes the brand. I love it, you did a great job on this one.

Gorgy

You have a very original web site!
I love your header and the bright graphics you've got there
So I really like the design but I have some suggestions on usability:
don't charge an additional fee for delivery or at least show the total price with delivery fee included
add buy button to product preview. It can be placed next to View button.

pingeyeg

That is the weirdest concept yet it works. Anything small enough and edible can go in the chewb. Cool. The website overall is pretty fun.

adx

Anything small enough and edible can go in the chewb. Cool. The website overall is pretty fun.

Definitely! The site was pretty fun and overall out-there! Though I can't help thinking that Chewb sounds like a tobacco company. There's really nothing to complain about :p

ian

Administrator
Staff member
The site looks great, but it does appear to be rather heavy on graphics and takes a while to load, even on a fast broadband connection. Especially the flash part.