Cant open downloaded PHP-templates

leandean

Hi!

Even though I first upload all the files to a site I cant open the index.php file so I can see the entire template. And when I publish it it only says: Fatal error: Call to undefined function get_header() in /mounted-storage/home144/ (a lot of numbers and letters) mywebsite/index.php on line 1. What needs to be done for it to work?

Are anyone smart enough!? :D

smoovo

PHP Compatibility
To check if your page working without the template code, just make a copy of it (your index.php page from your template) on your machine. Make new index.php and type this code in it without adding anything.

PHP:
<?= "Working"; ?>

Now, go to your main page by typing your domain name only. If you getting "Working" on your screen your hosting is compatible with PHP and your error is with your template.

Template Setup
Check in the installation guide of your new template, you have list of changes. Some of the templates aren't so smart to do self setup, so you should do it.

Your error appear to be because of mismatch path. You have mywebsite/index.php and you should re-write it to point to your domain name. The server looking for files on another (default) server that not exist, so you getting error.