Can I please get your opinion on a mockup?

leroy30

Have made a mockup for a new client's website... but would like to get some feedback before I send them the first concept.

I found their logo, particularly the colours, difficult to work with but I think the result is OK.

http://www.dvi.net.nz/images/concept.jpg

Keep in mind the images are temporary from Google and same for the text it's just bogus! lol. Just a quick concept at this stage.

What do ya think?

DesigNes

You don't really need 2 menu bars within 100px of each other :).

The top menu needs to be balanced on the left with some content there, or scroll in & out (obviously need to center then)

I'd add a background as well.

But looks really good, those are hard colours to work with :S

notarypublic

Good color choices! Wouldn't have thought of that.

Menu buttons could use some depth - a 1px light border across the top/left and 1px darker border across the bottom/right?

d a v e

as above . also i really like the way the navigation sits out on its own like a tab but still feels connected

ronaldroe

Super Moderator
Staff member
I disagree about the background mentioned above. I like it just like it is. I do, however, agree about the second set of navigation. Perhaps because they are the same set of links you could move them to the footer?

leroy30

Hmm I think I agree with the links and maybe make the buttons look more like buttons. Anyhow I'm just heading out for a fish off the kayak so I'll have to work on it tomorrow :)

Cheers for the feedback!

DHDdirect

Very nice site. Excellent work.

I like the horizontal navigation where it is but I do also agree that it needs to be links to different content. Although I suppose the Home and Contact Us links can stay.