Can I make Interactive PDF hover states not ugly with Fireworks?!

jaatendi

I use Adobe Fireworks to prototype and mockup websites. I have been exporting interactive pdfs by creating hotspots with the Slice tool, and linking the hotspots to different pages in my png file. The problem is that when the hotspot is clicked in the pdf, you see an ugly rectangle of the clickable area.

Is there a way to make the hotspots not so dang ugly when clicked on?!

CaldwellYSR

I use Adobe Fireworks to prototype and mockup websites. I have been exporting interactive pdfs by creating hotspots with the Slice tool, and linking the hotspots to different pages in my png file. The problem is that when the hotspot is clicked in the pdf, you see an ugly rectangle of the clickable area.

Is there a way to make the hotspots not so dang ugly when clicked on?!

No idea how interactive pdf's work so this might not help you but if those "hot spots" are just hyperlinks then you should get at them with one of the CSS pseudo classes :)active :visited :focus) and look at the outline property.

That being said if you're relying so heavily on Fireworks then your problem is there and you should really get away from that. Learn to write the code and the CSS to style it and then you'll know better how to attack your problems. Once you can write code you'll start to develop a plan of attack for how to solve your own problems and you won't have to look online as often.

CaldwellYSR

Any real answers out there?

Ahem... I just gave you a bloody real answer... CSS pseudo classes... in your case either :active, :focus, or :hover (left that one out last time).

For more information about your FW crap I've googled it for you... lazy bum.

Here... specifically the "Slices and Hotspots" section which is a little over a quarter of the way down... Want me to come scroll it for you too?