Can anyone Review My Web site

MDwebdev85

The site takes way too long to load for a "web solutions site". Also, the "green" image on the front page (world with plants coming out of the top), not sure if you bought that image from a stock photo site, but that exact image is on TONS of web sites....fyi

matthijsk

I agree with MDwebdev85 about the loading time. If there is one thing that a user hates, it is WAITING. Actually most users quit when it gets hard or loading takes to long. Try to build your site from the front-end user perspective.

Imagine you being a total noob that wants a website and visits your website for the first time. In the two years that I'm running my own company i learned that a potential costumer will quit when a website takes to long to load, or a website is overloaded with advertisements. Most of the business websites for web designers here in the Netherlands don't contain any advertisements.

Your lay out is nice, but as i said before it takes to long to load. When you can optimize this website i think it could be a nice site.

Kind regards,

Matthijs Koopman

Fluffwump

Ditto - takes way too long to load, if I were a customer I would have gone elsewhere, the overall look is nice clean and modern, however although it is nice to show off your talents, I think the scrolling bar to the right is distracting and annoying, maybe you could get it to scroll once and then stop with a scroll bar to the side for users, also the underlined text links are in 2 different colours for no apparent reason ... confusing, and you still have lorem ipsom text in your sidebar.
It would also be good to make your header logo link back to the homepage when clicked.. I was surprised it didn't when I clicked on it.
Also marketing wise I feel you have to read the small text to understand what your company is about,so maybe the banner at the top of the page should be a little more informative and inviting ..... it looks nice and techy but it could be a little off putting to your customers who don't quite understand what phrases like fully scalable design process means.
Overall it is a nicely designed professional looking site but I feel that the loading time is a serious issue that needs to be addressed.
Hope you are not offended by my comments, I am an amateur web designer, and couldn't produce a site as good as this myself, but am a long term internet surfer so hope that qaulifies me a little ;)

estevancarlos

A couple of things I notice that I believe have not been mentioned yet:

1. Those modules of content on the homepage (About us, Services) need more alignment between title and text. The titles of "About Us" seem to have a padding of about 5 pixels on the left which is not aligned with the text below it. You should add left and right padding to that text.

2. Increase the space around the breadcrumbs at the top. The text is small and you've placed it in a tight little area and its too close to the bottom of that row.

3. Work more with line-height and possibly letter spacing for the text you're working with. It's all too tight.

4. The scrolling news on the home page is scrolling too fast. Maybe adding a pause would be better.

brie

Agreed about the loading. And that red loading button does not fit into the color theme of the website.

It's kind of weird how only the 'Services' tab has a drop-down. I'd eliminate that because it goes right over the images.

My first reaction once the site loaded was that the scrolling thing was distracting. Second thought is that aside from that it's a little bit boring. The other five text elements are kinda just thrown up there and I do not feel inclined to read any of them.

A pause at each item in the news scroller would definitely work.

Also, the text 'Home' under the 'Home' button seems pretty unnecessary.

I don't think you need a whole page for the Company Motto and clicking on that link takes me to the 'Contact Us' page.

Don't take this the wrong way. I hope that this information is useful and helpful to you! :)!

Dorky

Idk

idk man. i think designers and developers are more worried about loading screens. the sites i have them on, i have gotten complements from the users and the clients. they seem to like them better then watching a bunch of stuff that confuses them loading up.