Campaign to MURDER IE6 - Useful Links!

Modern_Media

Internet Explorer 6 is a pain because it doesn't render PNG files properly and restricts developers by forcing us to use excessive scripts (iepngfix.htc).
Since IE6 is nearly dead with only 17% online users still using it, I want to rally a campaign to put an end to this browser to help "push" the process along a little bit faster.

http://modernmediastudios.com/blog/web-design-blog/60-internet-explorer-6.html

I wrote a little article about it with some really useful links at the end. If we as web developers stop supporting it, we can make it go away.
IE7 and IE8 are already out - do you REALLY want to support 3 Microsoft Browsers?

conor

I am completely anti IE6 as well. But 14% is a hell of a big percentage so I am afraid that it is still our duty to support this terrible browser. More than one in ten of your clients could be using IE6. We just have to wait for Microsoft to force it's customers to upgrade to IE7.

LisaRole

I think the only advantage of IE6 is that when it comes to preloaded with bloatware, highly suseptable to spyware, adware, viruses :D

Modern_Media

We just have to wait for Microsoft to force it's customers to upgrade to IE7.

Not happening...Look how long IE7 has been out and now IE8 is already knocking on the door. If Microsoft was really to "PUSH" it's customers to upgrade, they would have done so already.

I *CAN* style for ie6 but to tell you the truth, I'm tired of it. I hope everyone else who reads this is too.