Buttons, Best way to make them?

LavaEagle

I have a few buttons on www.LavaEagle.com but they are crap.

I don't know how to make a nice looking button without it being to big and then all of a sudden to ambitious and then its ugly. does anyone have any preference in waht button should look like or soemthing similar?

wetgravy

first off, they don't blend into the background since it's a completely black background it's not that hard to design for ... also, your buttons are almost double the height of the text, you can almost reduce that so the button almost barely surrounds the text. other than that .. those tutorials are quite nice.

constanthosting

There are a ton of websites that will generate pretty nice looking buttons if you don't want to, or don't have the time, to sit down and fiddle with it in a graphics program, or you want it done now and not when you finally figured out how to do it, Just search your favorite search engine for "button generator"

Strike Designs

There's a massive range of web buttons and web button templates available on iStock. They're available in vector format so you can quickly and easily change the colours, dimensions and shapes and you can purchase them pretty cheaply, with a royalty free licence. Here's a link to the web buttons that are available:

royalty free iStock web buttons

Hope this helps!

playsunday

I made mine with adobe fireworks,,,I learned how by searching youtube on how to make buttons,,there is some really cool ones, I remember seeing one that looked like a trasnsparent gel. Fireworks will let you add hyperlinks or you can just code them into the images. if you want to look at mine they are at http://www.playsunday.com
I am sure you can find things for just about any program you are using if you don't have fireworks

bongoko

I would always do my buttons in photoshop
but it if Im in a hurry or the submission date
is near I just download it instead. freebuttons.com
was one of the site I rely on.