BusinessForums.com - What do you think?

Hello! I just finished setting up my forum ( BusinessForums.com ) and would like to get some feedback from you guys in terms of:

- Layout/design
- Functionality
- Discussion topics

Feel free to comment on other aspects of the forum as well.
Your input is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

StephanieCordray

It looks like a forum. Not sure what exactly you are looking for. As far as topics, those change over time... you start out with a particular idea and as members join and give input, you adapt to the demands of the community. I suppose what you have is a good start.

StephanieCordray

Thanks for the input guys!

Ian: So you would prefer not seeing the front page with the recent threads?

I'm not ian but i did think that was a little much... I couldn't see anywhere I could click to see all of what you have to offer... without registering, that is. However, there were enough recent posts in enough areas for me to get a feel of what you are offering.

I'm not ian but i did think that was a little much... I couldn't see anywhere I could click to see all of what you have to offer... without registering, that is. However, there were enough recent posts in enough areas for me to get a feel of what you are offering.

Umm......I will definately look into that.

If you click on "Forums" on the nav bar (the grey part at the top), it will take you to a page (http://www.businessforums.com/forums.php) which shows you all the forums.

StephanieCordray

Apologies... I didn't see that the first go round so perhaps a little work on the links to make them stand out better? Or as ian said perhaps just go straight to forums.php?

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
i agree with ian as well. in todays world people want there information quickly. most people whom visit a web site are looking for something specific and if they find or see what they desire within the first few seconds, they are more than likely gonna leave your web site just as quickly as they got there. this is also the reason why splash pages have gone out of fashion for most web sites.

remember, you only get one chance to make a first impression. make it count!

ian

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the input guys!

Ian: So you would prefer not seeing the front page with the recent threads?
Yes that is correct. That technique works really well if you hand select all the most popular threads or latest news type threads, like some forums do. But in this case where you have just listed the latest threads, it does not work and I think you could be losing potential members because of it.