Browser compatibility issue PLEASE HELP

Munkeypop

Hey folks.

I've been building a site as a prototype for a university project and have been testing it on my computer using Mozilla Firefox browser and it looks fine so far. Recently however, I decided to give it a test in Explorer and it makes the text in <h> tags (defined using CSS) drop by a number of pixels meaning the text is off center and some is unreadable. Has anyone else had this problem before? Its driving me mad so any help would be much appreciated.

This is the link to the site by the way. The site is the BestOf prototype link on the right hand side.

http://www.digitalreactions.co.uk/design/web/projects/bestof.htm

Last edited:

johnnytv

Just a tip but I wouldn't use Geneva for your headings, not everyone (inlcuding me) has it installed.

For me it's opening the font in ms sans serif and there's no difference between IE and FF other than the text being a couple of pixels to the left and down. You really wouldn't notice it, it still looks centered, so I'd change the font and not worry about it if it displays ok, nothing to lose sleep over

It's just down to the way IE and FF process the html differently

Last edited:

Munkeypop

Cheers.

Went onto a list of the best online fonts to use (based on what windows has installed by default) and it listed Geneva, but I've had a number of people tell me its not installed for them. Think i've managed to fix the dropping problem as well. In geneva font the menus would drop below their frame and out of site, but using vertical align in css set to "top", it got in fairly centered...? dont know why.

Thanks again for your help tho.

johnnytv

No worries. I'd always use Arial or Verdana fonts, everyones got them installed and they have a nice crisp look for text on a page