<Body> Background Advice Needed ! ! ! !

Discussion in 'Graphic Design' started by MartyBoi, Sep 26, 2012.

to remove all ads.
  1. MartyBoi

MartyBoi New Member

Hello !

I am wanting to design a Background Image for my WordPress Blog, but for the life of me I haven't a clue for what would compliment the Theme.

The Motif of the Blog is Urban, the Blog is called Urban******Zone.

Below is an image of the Current Design of my Blog....

Any advice or suggestions are welcome, too, when designing should I use Photoshop CS6 or Illustrator CS6?

Thank you

Attached Files:

2. Roddy

Roddy New Member

I think the best background image is none. They become old real quick, distract the viewer from the content and make reading the actual content more difficult.

Wordpress sites aren't known for their lightning fast download speed and a background image is only going to make matters worse.

3. Design Top

Design Top Banned

To get the best background, I think you should be try with various images. This is very important for you if you want to getting the best ones using some images you try.

4. jumpingspider

jumpingspider New Member

Surely there are a lot of WP theme out there that would meet your taste.

5. Phreaddee

Phreaddee Super Moderator Staff Member

have to agree with roddy, although a subtle background TEXTURE or subtle gradient can sometimes add a nice effect. but remember...subtle.

6. krymson

krymson Member

I think a simple textured background would work best make it look like gravel or something... something simple.

7. che09

che09 New Member

I second this one! Sometimes you just need to make a little changes to it.

8. HireLogo

HireLogo New Member

I don't know why texture bg's are always recommended cyrmson(not an insult!)...gradients plain or faded transparent image work much better than any texture I've ever seen. I'd say whatever the background you come up with make sure it is hardly visible. http://www[dot]legendaryaircraft[dot]hu/ ... that is a nice example of using bg image effectively, but this is a hard thing to accomplish.