BoardHelp.com - A website for Forum Owners, and sometimes Carpenters

ian

Administrator
Staff member
Looks quite good, I am a fan of forums which span to fit the entire width of the page, which yours does not.
Not sure about the color scheme either, perhaps you should look at other themes.
Interesting to see that you went with invision board, I have never used that software, even when it was free. I like vbulletin.com wish I hadnt been so cheap and used it much earlier when I started my domain name forum.

mikey

Looks quite good, I am a fan of forums which span to fit the entire width of the page, which yours does not.
Not sure about the color scheme either, perhaps you should look at other themes.
Interesting to see that you went with invision board, I have never used that software, even when it was free. I like vbulletin.com wish I hadnt been so cheap and used it much earlier when I started my domain name forum.
There's a subskin that's available to registered users that expands the main part of the design to fit 98% of the window.
Color scheme.. it's something different.
I'm a big fan of invision board. Performance wise, it runs alot more efficiently than vb3. In addition to that, it has the same number of vital features as vb3, and the skinning system is alot cleaner. Plus, when it comes to default design - i can't stand the vb3 buttonset.

IPB has improved alot since the 1.1.2 days. But, their customer service needs alot of improvement.

jbrown456

Me Too!

mikey said:
There's a subskin that's available to registered users that expands the main part of the design to fit 98% of the window.
Color scheme.. it's something different.
I'm a big fan of invision board. Performance wise, it runs alot more efficiently than vb3. In addition to that, it has the same number of vital features as vb3, and the skinning system is alot cleaner. Plus, when it comes to default design - i can't stand the vb3 buttonset.

IPB has improved alot since the 1.1.2 days. But, their customer service needs alot of improvement.
I agree With mikey.

StephanieCordray

When working up my own forums, I'm a fan of using the entire width of the page, too, but I think with this particular skin it looks good having that small bit of white space. I do agree the color scheme could use a little work. Some colors are just not very inviting is all.

But I'm probably the wrong person to ask, too, lol. I hate running forums... like talking on them but hate running them...