Blog Re-design

conor

Hi,

I have just redesigned my blog. It is now split into three domains - my homepage (running Furasta CMS), my Portfolio (running Furasta CMS) and my blog (running Wordpress). Here is the URL, let me know what you think:

http://macaoidh.name

Thanks

wetgravy

i like the design ... but amongst the 3 subdomains ... you have a layout that skips around by a few pixels for each subdomain. Also design wise ... it's a good use of repeating color, and it gets the idea across as a portfolio site. I would try to make the header graphic incorperate the purple elephant and your contact info and make the header graphic a little more subtle in it's use of binary.

Also, on a code note ... if you are making your own cms ... try to look for things you, yourself, would want. Obviously that would mean catagorie based navigation, that would save you from having to have subdomains . Also your layout is using div tags but it looks like the posts are using tables. I would keep to one or the other, but not both. (div would be more ... usable if you try to keep your cms as an open source and would get more web designers to use it since div is more flexible in css layouts)

conor

Thanks for the input.

I am thinking of adding a few things on the homepage because at the moment it's a bit bare.. I might put some RSS feeds in there from Twitter and my blog.

The reason for the difference between tables and divs is; I use divs when actually designing the site where as the tables are code generated by the CMS. You cannot actually make divs with the CMS unless you edit the source code within the text editor yourself. That is not hard for me to do but I wanted to show that I could make a site with the CMS that anyone could easily make.

mrandrei

Nice one!

Pretty neat layout. I suggest you put a feedburner box in your site where your reader can subscribe to your blog posts. :)