Best Way to Have a What's New Section On A Website

etangins

I would like to create a what's new section on my website where I can continuously post news updates on not only the website but on the topic my website is about. I'm looking for the best way to do so besides having to manually program everything.

My first idea would be to use Google Blogger or some other Blogger site so that I can easily post and people will be able to leave comments and then embed it in my website either in an iframe or however the blogging site suggests. Does any have any recommendation (I am most familiar with Google Blogger but I head Wordpress is also commonly used).

On the other hand, if someone knows an even better technique that perhaps may blend in more with my site rather than just a big iframe sitting there, I would really appreciate it if you could let me know?

Thanks guys.

Apokalupsis

IMO, a WP install/theme would be the easiest, and probably look the best. You don't need to know code to run a WP site, it's all back end, just point/click, drag/drop, create content like you would in MS Word.

Themes can be simple or they can be complex. You could use a theme with several options, yet only use a very small amount of those options.

I installed and edited a sophisticated theme for a client, and they use perhaps 10% of what is needed. We decided to go with that theme not because of its complexity, but because of its overall look/feel and the few necessary features that it did have.

While it may be possible...I've just never seen a quality integration of a blog into an html site. They always end up looking funky to me...like they were forced. I'm sure someone has done it...but the modern convention seems to be saying "Just use WP" as it solves a lot of issues. No need to make it overly complicated.

chrishirst

Staff member
I would like to create a what's new section on my website where I can continuously post news updates on not only the website but on the topic my website is about. I'm looking for the best way to do so besides having to manually program everything.
That REALLY depends on what and how your server is capable of doing.

etangins

So I've decided to just embed Google Blogger using an iframe. Is there a way I can sepcify where on the embedded page I would like to iframe to initially display rather than just displaying the page from the top left?

ronaldroe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Get the ID of the element you want at the top of the page, and add it to the end of the URL with a # in front of it, like so:

Code:
http://etangins.blogger.com#header