Best tool for taking website snapshots?

bugs10552

What is the best tool for taking website snapshots, I have tries a few free tool and browser plugins, but the images usually are poor quality or they only capture the viewable part of your screen which cuts off part of the website.

I want to make a portfolio of templates and completed projects so if anyone can suggest a good program for accomplishing this task I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance
Nick

d a v e

fireshot extension for firefox is pretty good - captures whole page. of course you're limited to screen resolution whatever you use but at least can save as png with fireshot

DHDdirect

I'd just use Ctrl + Print Screen and crop out what's not needed. Of course this usually doesn't take the whole length of a page but it gets you a decent portion which you can then create a thumbnail (or larger) link with .

JackRT

There are many tools in google webstore for Chrome... check them out... much much easier than print screen etc.

Or pay for Snag-it... a nice app...

bugs10552

Thanks for all the suggestions. I tried out fireshot for firefox, and I gotta say, its just what I was looking for. Thanks :)

Quasha

XeWebshots is a lightweight and easy to use application that will help you capture snapshots of any webpage in a flash. The images can be saved as PNG image files.

d a v e

Why don't you just use the screen capture button on your computer?

1. can't capture the whole screen in one go
2. gets the browser chrome too - so you have to crop it out
3. plugin screen captures give you even more options to copy, save, email etc