Best s/w for a Real Estate site?

Kev

Hi
I want to design a site for Real Estate clients where they can load their properties and updtae it. It should be easy to use where they just complete a form when loading a property, or change contents of a form when doing alterations. And be able to delete a record.

Which is the best package to use for this? eg. Joomla, Wordpress, Dreamweaver?

Kev

jnjc

Which is the best package to use for this? eg. Joomla, Wordpress, Dreamweaver?

You are making a very common mistake by putting these three in the same sentance. Dreamweaver is a completely different kettle of fish from the other two.

Bascially Dreamweaver is design software. It will let you create/design pages but it is front end only. The core functionality you need is back end so Dreamweaver won't help you.

Joomla and Wordpress are CMS packages that do provide backend functionality. You use templates in conjunction with theses packages to put you own look on standard functionality.

I am not really in a position to make a specific recommendation because I have never done what you are talking about, but that said I know there are extension available for Joomla that are aimed specifically at the real estate industry.

HTH,
JC

voodish

Joomla is harder to skin than other some other CMS's but once you get the hang of it, the design is only bound by your imagination.

@ OP - I'd look into hacking the Wordpress post template and configuring it to manage your properties; it shouldn't be all that difficult with a bit of application.

jnjc

I'm finding the exact opposite, I'm finding when you get into it's guts it's very flexible. So far, for me, it's a pretty solid base to build a site on.

rarepearldesign

I am actually with 3D, I don't like it at all for anything. I understand why some people would, and not saying its bad, but my opinion is of pure dislike for Joomla.