Best registrar???

unstopabl3

Hi I would like to know: where do you guys register your domains and why?
Similarly, which is the cheapest domain registrar for COM, NET, ORG, INFO and US extensions. Thanks in advance.

unstopabl3

Thanks for the replies guys but is there any registrar which offers the registration of COM, NET and ORG domains for $6.99 or cheaper???

Thanks in advance!

cmjvulavala

As far as i remember... it costs a registrar around $7 for the backend stuff behind making you the owner of the domain... they have to pay admin costs, staff, server costs (for their website) and whatever else so I dont think there are too many companies selling .COM domains for less than $6.99.

May be a few about but its often if you are bulk buying domain names... you are best off paying around $10 and getting a good, trusted registrar which you will be able to stay with than going cheap and potentially having LOTS of problems. I've certainly heard of some of the cheaper domain names being bought out so you cant renew your domain name and lose all your traffic etc, stick to the trusted companies :)

horrorshow75

I also use go daddy. If you do a google search for go daddy coupon codes you can usually get the domain price down around 6 or 7 bucks.

mydesignbytes

you need to buy in bulk

I use enom.com and they are quit reasonable, but if you want to go direct to the warehouse of tld's then you need to buy in bulk to get the price below $7 or $6. When I say bulk, I mean a thousand a day.

GoDaddy is only cheap to the average joe... you need someone with a reseller account that can give you their pricing, which I've seen $7 being the lowest.

If you wish to make a larger margin of profit then I recommend building you company name and client base before you even jump in the pool with networksolutions.com, register.com, godaddy.com, and companies like that. Good luck anyway.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
enom bulk pricing used to be around 6.95, it is around 7.95 now with all the icann approved price increases.

jamesb

I mainly use three different domain name registrars which are Godaddy.com, Namecheap.com and Name.com. Which of the three I use actually depends on the specials which they are running at the time of registration. I register a lot of .info domains and Godaddy for example often has 99 cents specials.

CotswoldD

I used to use godaddy but didnt like there customer service took tooo long, even to change the nameservers used to take sometimes 24 hours. perhaps there service is better now, i used them 12 months ago. I pay about £7.00 on a UK site for a .com but i can manage that domain and send to my hosting nameservers within seconds, so i can start working on that site.
regards pete

drppeg

Stargate Atlantis

Stargate Atlantis (often abbreviated as SGA) is an American-Canadian science fiction television program, part of the Stargate franchise owned by MGM. Developed by producers Brad Wright and Robert C. Cooper, it is a spin-off from the television series Stargate SG-1. It was filmed and produced in Canada.Stargate Atlantis followed the adventures of a human expedition to the lost city of Atlantis in the Pegasus Galaxy. The Stargate has brought humanity into contact with other cultures, including new and powerful enemies: the Wraith, the Genii, and later the Asurans and a lost tribe of Asgard, all while trying to uncover the secrets the Ancients left behind.Stargate Atlantis Seasons 1-4 premiered on the US Sci Fi Channel on July 16, 2004 with "Rising", a movie-style two-part episode, that guest starred Richard Dean Anderson and Michael Shanks from Stargate SG-1. The series is broadcast in HD in selected countries including the US, which is shown sometimes on Universal HD and as of 2007 is now simulcast in HD on Sci Fi. It is broadcast in HD on The Movie Network in Canada. In the United Kingdom Stargate Atlantis is shown on Sky1 HD.On January 9, 2009, after 100 episodes and five seasons, the series ended. At least one two-hour movie will follow.